Thursday, February 5, 2015

Building On Yesterday

I can recall the excitement felt whenever I set out onto a new path: I have everything all figured out perfectly, knowing that it will be a "Hit and run!" Then, when things are not as smooth sailing and easy as I had imagined, I critique myself and feel down! Sure enough, it must be pretty natural for entrepreneurs to be optimistic dreamers. We set our sights high, do a bit of research and sometimes underestimate the power of time and experience.

It takes getting to master a thing before we can truly gain the benefits of it. Exercise one day, here and there. Fine! Exercise everyday for a month. Wow! Cut sweets today- okay! Cut sweets for a week and you don't even crave em' as much.

Time has taught me to simply build on yesterday and embrace growth in small steps. Moving slowly ensures that we are careful, observant and truly learn the necessary processes inside and out. We may have big dreams, but a marathon is met one mile at a time.

I find that the biggest challenge I have is more so of disciplining myself to meet personal objectives: diet, exercise, paperwork, etc... Being self-employed, I must learn to manage myself effectively regarding how I utilize my time.

Success is very challenging: It requires discipline, vision, commitment, courage, flexibility and sternness, observation coupled with action, communication, problem solving, growth, mastery and patience with drive all at the same time.

It could take a while to figure out how to balance it all. So I urge those whom are "Up and coming" to take things one day at a time. Enjoy and appreciate each moment of development; knowing that things will change. Be proud of the fact that you are more wise today than yesterday; hold excitement for all of the keys that you've collected thus far. Perhaps your puzzle has a thousand or even a million pieces- just continuously build on from yesterday.

Best wishes to you and your happily balanced estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment